Table of Contents
Event Metamodel and Profile (EMP) RFP Wiki
This wiki serves as a portal for the EMP RFP creation process. The RFP solicits proposals from OMG members for a standard dealing with Events.
A vote for issuance of Event Metamodel and Profile: Request for Proposal has been delayed until the March Technical Meeting in Washington, DC. The reasons for this delay are:
- Alignment with UPMS – The EMP RFP aims to dovetail with the standardization efforts for the UML Profile and Metamodel for Services (UPMS), especially within the scope of Agents. The current fragmentation within the UPMS effort has delayed the adoption of this standard.
- CEP Vendor Outreach – Additional time will allow us to enlarge the pool of active participants in a submission team, especially CEP vendors who may not be fully aware of OMG’s efforts in this space.
The latest draft of the RFP is available from the OMG website as document number ad/2007-11-01.
An update presentation was given at two meetings during the OMG Technical Meeting in Burlingame, CA.
- SOA-ABSIG, held on 12/11/2007
- ADTF Plenary, held on 12/12/2007
Resources for Getting Involved
- Event Metamodel and Profile (EMP) RFP Wiki – That's this website.
- Harsh Sharma, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Version 1.0 (distributed 2007-08-08) event_profile_and_metamodel_rfp_-_v1.0.doc
- Version 1.1 (distributed 2007-08-15) event_profile_and_metamodel_rfp_-_v1.1.doc
- Version 1.5 (distributed 2007-08-22) event_metamodel_and_profile_rfp_-_v1.5.doc
- Version 1.7 (distributed 2007-08-24) event_metamodel_and_profile_rfp_-_v1.7.doc
- Version 1.8 (distributed 2007-08-24) event_metamodel_and_profile_rfp_-_v1.8.doc
- Version 1.10 (submitted as document number 2007-08-01 to OMG) event_metamodel_and_profile_rfp_-_v1.10.doc
- Version 1.11 (version 1.10 with Pete Rivett's comments) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.11.doc
- Version 1.12 (new timetable, distributed 2007-08-30) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.12.doc
- Version 1.13 (distributed 2007-09-13) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.13.doc
- Version 1.14 (posted 2007-09-25) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.14.doc
- Version 1.15 (posted 2007-10-15) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.15.doc
- Version 1.16 (posted 2007-10-24, changes from Paul Vincent of TIBCO) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.16.doc
- Version 1.17 (posted 2007-10-24, changes from Fred Cummins of EDS) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.17.doc
- Version 1.18 (posted 2007-11-01, changes suggested by Fred Cummins of EDS) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.18.doc
- Version 1.19 (distributed 2007-11-08, changes suggested by David Martin and Paul Vincent) event_metamodel_and_profile_-_v1.19.doc
- OMG Document ad/2007-11-01 (submitted to the OMG on 2007-11-12, changes suggested by Jim Odell from UMPS Agent Subgroup, Paul Vincent, and Antoine Lonjon) ad-2007-11-01.doc
The following companies have contributed input to either the RFI or RFP documents for this effort:
|CelExchange||Colaborative Consulting||Cordys||Data Blueprint|
|NIST||Oslo Software||Rhysome||Sandpiper Software|
About the Object Management Group
For general information about OMG, its Process for development of standards, and available Standards, please visit http://www.omg.org