Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

ottawa_2018 [2018/09/27 21:42] (current)
bart created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +~~START_HTML_BLOCK~~
 +<​code>​
 +<h2 class="​page-header">​Ottawa meeting - September, 2018</​h2>​
 +
 +<​p>​Thank you to everyone that was able to attend.</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Meeting started on time 8:50am, Wednesday September 26th, 2018 and completed at noon on Thursday September 27th, 2018</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Completed introductions,​ many existing ARTS members, with a couple attending via WebEx</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Meeting attendance for both days includes:</​p>​
 +
 +<ul>
 +    <li class="​level1">​John Glaubitz - Vertex Inc.</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Leonid Rubakhin - Aptos</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Bart McGlothin - Cisco</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Karen Shunk - OMG</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​David Miller - Bizerba</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Nancy Smallwood - Vertex Inc.</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Ron Zahavi - Microsoft</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Tadashi Furuhata - Seiko-Epson</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Toyohiro Yasumoto - VINX</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Dr. Daryll Prescott - Tethers End</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Sridhar Iyengar - IBM</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Roland Zalisevskij - Service Plus IT</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Richard Halter (WebEx) - Global Retail Advisors</​li>​
 +    <li class="​level1">​Jay Patel (WebEx) - Flex Receipts</​li>​
 +</ul>
 +
 +<​p>​Quick overview of our open workgroup efforts for Video Analytics, UnifiedPOS, and Ontology including the status of the open RFC and RFP'​s.<​br />
 +There are Finalization Task Forces(FTF) chartered by the OMG Domain Tech Committee (DTC) to receive issues submitted against Unified POS 1.15 and  WS-POS v1.3.1. ​ On Thursday the Architecture Board voted to accept the FTF finalization report for the Video Analytics standard! <​B>​Congratulations to Angela Seidel of GK Software</​B>​ for chairing this Taskforce and being the first fully approved OMG standard from the ARTS team!<br />
 +Links to these can be found on the <a href="​https://​www.omgwiki.org/​retail/​doku.php?​id=start">​Retail Wiki start page</​a><​br />
 +</p>
 +
 +<​p>​Roland presented the work that has been accomplished on the Fiscal API service RFP.  Edits were made to address the comments received by the Architecture Board reviewers. ​ Meeting attendees also provided feedback and comments. A motion was made and passed to submit the revised document to the Architecture Board for Thursday. On Thursday the Architecture Board accepted the revised RFP.  The final versions of these documents are listed below and on the retail OneDrive</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Next John Glaubitz lead a discussion on the retail ontology in the context of the term Party and its associated roles. ​ Minutes of this portion are available separately.</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​After lunch we had an engaging conversation lead by Dr. Daryll Prescott, OMG Board member and executive of Tethers End Consulting. ​ jWe discussed how using modeling methods during the requirements gathering phase of a solution can help ensure everyone understands the objectives and goals equally, and the benefits that can be achieved.</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Tadashi presented the work that has been accomplished on the UPOSv1 Retail Communications Service Device RFP. Tadashi and Toyohiro worked with the Robotics DTF for 2 days to compare and contrast their work efforts. ​ A table and diagram of the comparison and relationships was added to the RFP to clarify the responsibilities and goals of these two solutions. ​ Edits were also made to address the comments received by the Architecture Board reviewers. ​ Meeting attendees also provided feedback and comments. A motion was made and passed to submit the revised document to the Architecture Board for Thursday. On Thursday the Architecture Board accepted the revised RFP.  The final versions of these documents are listed below and on the retail OneDrive</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Digital Receipts continues to be an area of interest. ​ A more simplified version of this specification would greatly help adoption. ​ Jay Patel talked about the challenges his customers have with implementing PosLog and our existing Digital Receipts standard. ​ There are also additional challenges in Japan. ​ Tadashi and Leonid plan to reach out to P.K. at Toshiba Tech to see if they woudl be able to lead this RFP effort.</​p>​
 +
 +<p>On Thursday we started the day with a review of the White Paper/​Position Paper topics and their status. ​ Four of the topics have completed drafts; Robots in Retail, PoS on the Go!, Fiscal Services; EVRW in Retail.<​br />The next steps are to get a technical writer to convert them to an OMG acceptable format for publishing and printing to use as inspiring collateral for meetings and conferences. ​ We also plan to include them in a monthly or bi-monthly retail@omg.org email to be sent out by the chair'​s.</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Training on ARTS standards has been going on for a long time.  ARTS Users Conferences,​ BootCamps and training days were common before and after many conferences. ​ Richard Halter has now created several online training classes education people about ARTS retail standards, Architecture and a detailed look at PosLog. <br />We plan to start promoting these training'​s as a way to continually educate Retailers on the value of standards. ​ If there is enough interest in these, an OMG certification will also be considered. ​ We are also looking at hosting a full or half-day training at a future OMG meeting. ​ Let us know what you think!</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​The day concluded with an interactive discussion of our future road-map. To complement the Fiscal API RFP, it was recommended to create a Tender Information standard from the existing ARTS standards and submit it as an RFC.  This should be a simple and short work effort to extract this valuable information from the existing standards, making the OMG Retail standards much more modular and manageable. <br />
 +Richard Halter has also invested a lot of time expanding the BPM adding Strategies and KPI'​s. ​ Please reach out to him if you are looking to improve this area of your business.<​br />
 +Lastly, we plan create and update the YouTube videos of our existing standards (from NRF) and new work efforts to help socialize them, and include the links in e-mails. ​ If you are interested in recording one, or have exceptional experience implementing these in your organization,​ please reach out to us.</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Interest areas discussed related to other OMG activities:<​br />
 +- Fresh Item Management collaboration with IBM/​GS1/​Wal-Mart<​br />
 +- Provenance and Pedigree collaboration for FIM and Healthcare<​br />
 +- Block chain in Retail<​br />
 +- Robots in Retail<​br />
 +- Retail Architecture training and associated certifications<​br />
 +- YouTube videos for each of the Retail Standards and papers we release</​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​New Efforts:<​br />
 +- RFC for Tender Information Standardization (Roland Zalisevskij) - December 2018<br />
 +- RFC for Digital Receipts (PK @ Toshiba Tech?) - March 2019<br />
 +- RFC for Location (need a chair)<​br />
 +- RFC for PosLog (need a chair)</​p>​
 +
 +<​p><​b>​MOTIONS</​b></​p>​
 +
 +<​p>​Motion by Bart McGlothin to submit revised UPOSv2 Fiscal API RFP to the Architecture Board, 2nd by Leonid Rubakhin - Passed unamiously</​p>​
 +<​p>​Motion by Bart McGlothin to submit revised UPOSv1 RCSD RFP to the Architecture Board, 2nd by Furuhata Tadashi - Passed unamiously</​p>​
 +<​p>​Motion by Leonid Rubakhin to extend the initial submission and revised submission deadlines of the UPOSv2 Printer API and Model to March 31st, 2019 and August 25th, 2019 respectively,​ 2nd by Roland Zalisevskij - Passed unamiously</​p>​
 +
 +<​p><​b>​DOCUMENTS</​b></​p>​
 +
 +<​p><​b><​span style="​font-size:​12.0pt"><​span new=""​ roman=""​ style="​font-family:"​ times="">​Document # Document Name</​span></​span></​b><​br />
 +<span style="​font-size:​12.0pt"><​span new=""​ roman=""​ style="​font-family:"​ times="">​
 +<a href="​https://​www.omg.org/​cgi-bin/​doc?​dtc/​18-08-01">​dtc/​18-08-01</​a>​ VIDEOANALYTICS 1.0 FTF report<​br />
 +<a href="​https://​www.omg.org/​cgi-bin/​doc?​retail/​2018-09-09">​retail/​2018-09-09</​a>​ UnifiedPOS Fiscal API RFP<br />
 +<a href="​https://​www.omg.org/​cgi-bin/​doc?​retail/​2018-09-10">​retail/​2018-09-10</​a>​ UnifiedPOS v1 Retail Communications Service Device (RCSD) RFP<br />
 +<a href="​https://​www.omg.org/​cgi-bin/​doc?​retail/​2018-09-11">​retail/​2018-09-11</​a>​ RDTF Closing Plenary Report<​br />
 +<a href="​https://​www.omg.org/​cgi-bin/​doc?​retail/​2018-09-12">​retail/​2018-09-12</​a>​ Retail meeting minutes for Ottawa 2018<br />
 +<a href="​https://​www.omg.org/​cgi-bin/​doc?​retail/​2018-09-13">​retail/​2018-09-13</​a>​ Retail Ontology session meeting minutes<​br />
 +<a href="​https://​www.omg.org/​cgi-bin/​doc?​retail/​2018-09-14">​retail/​2018-09-14</​a>​ Updated Retail Roadmap<​br />
 +</​span></​span></​p>​
 +
 +<p> </p>
 +
 +<p> </p>
 +
 +<​h3>​Retail Week Agenda:</​h3>​
 +
 +<table border="​1"​ class="​inline table table-striped table-condensed"​ style="​width:​ 821px; height: 500px;">​
 +    <​thead>​
 +   <​tr class="​row0">​
 +            <th class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​Start</​th>​
 +            <th class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​End</​th>​
 +            <th class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​Topic</​th>​
 +            <th class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Presenter</​th>​
 +            <th class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 229px;">​WebEx/​Info</​th>​
 +        </tr>
 +    </​thead>​
 +    <​tbody>​
 +        <tr bgcolor="​aqua"​ class="​row1">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​aqua"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​5"​ style="​width:​ 791px;"><​strong>​Monday - September 24th</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr bgcolor="​aqua"​ class="​row4">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​aqua"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​5"​ style="​width:​ 791px;"><​strong>​Tuesday - September 25th</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr bgcolor="​aqua"​ class="​row4">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​aqua"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​5"​ style="​width:​ 791px;"><​strong>​Wednesday - September 26th</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row5">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​8:​50</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​9:​00</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​Introductions and Overview of ARTS</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​All / Bart McGlothin</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ rowspan="​5"​ style="​width:​ 229px;"​ valign="​top"><​a href="​https://​cisco.webex.com/​ciscosales/​j.php?​MTID=m3ecc28a70afb567f11b6a84962e165b8b">​https://​cisco.webex.com</​a><​br />
 +            MeetingID: 203 336 302<br />
 +            Passcode: artsomg</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row6">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​9:​00</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​9:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​RFC/​RFP Update (UPOSv1, UPOS Printer RFP, VA, WS-POS)</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Bart McGlothin</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr>
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​9:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​10:​00</​td>​
 +            <​td>​Fiscal API RFP - Vote to submit</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Roland Zalisevskij</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row9">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​10:​00</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​10:​45</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​2"​ style="​width:​ 300px;"><​strong>​Refreshments</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row10">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​10:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​12:​00</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​Retail Ontology - Working meeting</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​John Glaubitz</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row12">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​12:​00</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​13:​30</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​3"​ style="​width:​ 300px;"><​strong>​Lunch</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row13">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​13:​00</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​14:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​Requirements Gathering session</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Daryll Prescott</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ rowspan="​4"​ style="​width:​ 229px;"​ valign="​top"><​a href="​https://​cisco.webex.com/​ciscosales/​j.php?​MTID=mc48846aaaa76f309650dcb635b738927">​https://​cisco.webex.com</​a><​br />
 +            MeetingID: 208 233 971<br />
 +            Passcode: artsomg</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row14">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​14:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​15:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​RCSD RFP update - Vote to Submit</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;"><​span style="​font-size:​11.0pt"><​span calibri=""​ style="​font-family:">​Tad Furuhata</​span></​span></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row15">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​15:​00</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​15:​45</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​2"​ style="​width:​ 300px;"><​strong>​Refreshments</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row16">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​15:​45</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​17:​00</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​Digital Receipt RFC/​RFP</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Japan/​US</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row17">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​18:​00</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​20:​00</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​3"​ style="​width:​ 300px;"><​strong>​Attendee Reception</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row18">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​aqua"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​5"​ style="​width:​ 52px;"><​strong>​Thursday - September 27th</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row19">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​09:​00</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​09:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​Papers:​ updates, progress, presentations,​ reviews</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Leads presentations</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ rowspan="​4"​ style="​width:​ 229px;"​ valign="​top"><​a href="​https://​cisco.webex.com/​ciscosales/​j.php?​MTID=mcbfa7d190c920e9b100a3658e181ef77">​https://​cisco.webex.com</​a><​br />
 +            MeetingID: 202 291 516<br />
 +            Passcode: artsomg</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row16">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​09:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​10:​15</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​Training Courses: Retail Training and OMG certifications</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Richard Halter</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row20">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​10:​00</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​10:​45</​td>​
 +            <td bgcolor="​gold"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​2"​ style="​width:​ 300px;"><​strong>​Refreshments</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr>
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​10:​45</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​12:​00</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​Road-map;​ brainstorm new RFP's, what are other OMG groups working on we can leverage</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Group Discussion</​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row20">​
 +            <td bgcolor="​aqua"​ class="​leftalign"​ colspan="​5"​ style="​width:​ 52px;"><​strong>​Friday - September 28th</​strong></​td>​
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row21">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​8:​30</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​14:​00</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​OMG Closing Plenaries for all Tracks</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​Bart McGlothin</​td>​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 229px;">​ </td>
 +        </tr>
 +        <tr class="​row21">​
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 52px;">​ </td>
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 56px;">​ </td>
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 300px;">​ </td>
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 154px;">​ </td>
 +            <td class="​leftalign"​ style="​width:​ 229px;">​ </td>
 +        </tr>
 +    </​tbody>​
 +</​table>​
 +
 +</​code>​
 +
 +~~CLOSE_HTML_BLOCK~~
 +