Table of Contents
Object Database Technology Working Group
IN A STATE OF SUSPENSION
Where are we now?
In September 2008, a working copy of an RFP was circulated amongst the WG members for comment. Subsequently, in reaction to the economic turmoil during the latter half of 2008, some of the vendors involved in this effort made the business decision to direct their resource elsewhere. In March 2009, the activities of this WG were officially suspended.
Summary of prior activities and outcomes from same.
Issuance of RFI, February 2006
Request for Information issued in February 2006: http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?mars/06-02-18.pdf
Analysis of RFI Responses and White Paper, September 2007
- Detailed analysis of RFI Responses: http://www.omg.org/members/cgi-bin/doc?mars/06-06-29.pdf
- Next-Generation Object Database Standardization White Paper: http://www.omg.org/docs/mars/07-09-13.pdf Note: this White Paper was intended to serve as the basis of a future RFP and was was used as the focus for the User's and Vendor's Forum. It was also posted to and commented on in the ODBMS.ORG forum.
Users and Vendors Forum -- December 2007
- Object Database Semantics: the Stack-Based Architecture - http://www.omg.org/members/cgi-bin/doc?mars/07-12-09.pdf
- Summary of Object Database Management Systems (ODBMS).ORG Forum discussions on ODBT White Paper - http://www.omg.org/members/cgi-bin/doc?mars/07-12-10.pdf
ICOODB 2008 Report
- Many of the participants in the Forum on December 2007 attended the ICOODB held May 2008. Set of presentations given there: http://www.omg.org/members/cgi-bin/doc?mars/08-06-06.pdf
Useful links and Resources
- ODBMS.ORG Portal: http://odbms.org/
- Object Data Management Group (ODMG) [hosted by ODBMS.ORG portal]: http://odbms.org/odmg.html
- “Next Generation” Object Database Discussion area on ODBMS.ORG Portal: http://odbms.org/odmg_ng.html
- Wikipedia discussion on object databases: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_database
- Papers on Stack-Based Architecture (SBA) & Stack-Based Query Language (SBQL) developed at Polish-Japanese Institute of Technology (PJIT):http://www.ipipan.waw.pl/~subieta/SBA_SBQL/
- The Object Database Standard: ODMG 3.0 (freely available to OMG members by agreement with Morgan Kaufmann): http://www.omg.org/members/cgi-bin/doc?omg/04-07-02.pdf